$950 per person
This five-day women’s backpacking expedition is for female-identifying folks who have experience day hiking and would like to make the transition to backpacking for the first time. This expedition provides a great sampling of everything the Yosemite High Country has to offer. Remote alpine lakes, views of Tuolumne Meadows, peak ascents, and opportunities to really burn some daylight in ways that speak to you. Want to know more about the old tale of the Lupine Lady? Listen to Heather’s story on the trail and decide for yourself if she speaks truth or fiction!
- Day 1-Meet at near Lee Vining, CA. Campsite TBD. Go over our itinerary, packing, and group gear, and have our first meal together. Perhaps do some stretching - wink wink.
- Day 2: Pack up and drive to Tuolumne Meadows. Leave the cars behind and hike up to Young Lakes. Take in the sunset of Mt. Conness
- Day 3: Travel off trail over to a glorious alpine lake, and enjoy the beach.
- Day 4: Rise and shine! A morning ascent of a nearby peak, admire the half of some dome in the skyline, and then descend for some swimming.
- Day 5: Wake up and hike to Upper Young Lake. If time allows, we will scramble up Ragged Peak.
- Day 6: Feeling refreshed and perhaps utterly exhausted and definitely jazzed, pack up and hit the trail back to Tuolumne Meadows. Back at the trailhead between 12-2pm. Congratulate yourself for making the most of those daylight hours! Does the itinerary seem vague? That's the point! We want you to be surprised, and to not google every location before you go. Part of disconnecting from technology on this trip begins before you even leave!
Not seeing your expedition?
At Burning Daylight Expeditions, we thoroughly enjoy planning and executing unique experiences for folks. Whether you have your whole trip planned to the very last detail, or have a vague dream of greeting every sunrise for a week - we can create a Custom Expedition for you.