Once your application has been accepted for an expedition, you will be directed to submit a deposit to hold your spot. Deposit payments must be made ten days after you have been accepted or you will lose your spot.
The Fine Print
- We want you to take risks but preferably not the monetary kind. Perhaps more than most, we understand the variability of daily life and want to respect your time as we expect from you.
- Deposits will be non-refundable less than 90 days before the course starts. The mere aspiration to complete this expedition is worth this much to you and to us.
- Expeditions canceled more than 60 days before the start date will be 100% refunded minus the deposit.
- Expeditions canceled 59 days or less before the start date will be 50% refunded minus the deposit.
- Expeditions canceled 30 days or less before the start date will be 25% refunded minus the deposit.
- Expeditions canceled 14 days or less before the start date will not be refunded. At this stage, it is highly unlikely to find a replacement and we have already put in the money, time, and energy to have you on our expedition.
- After your course has begun there will be no refund.
- Fortunately or unfortunately, we more or less know the risks we now take traveling and being in groups of strangers. On a case-by-case basis, we will handle refunds or hold your payment if you contract COVID-19 or are exposed.
- We might cancel a course. This would happen if there is a surprise global pandemic, severely dangerous inclement weather, government shutdown, or perhaps something we didn’t know was possible but now doesn’t seem that impossible! If any of these or other scenarios prevent us from running the course we promised you, we will suggest a different course at a different time, a new course area at the same time, or refund your course minus the deposit.
- We encourage all participants to acquire the vaccine before embarking on an expedition.
- We require all participants to confirm no known exposure within ten days of the trip.
- If you are exposed, you need to have quarantined for at least 10 days, tested negative, and be symptom free for 7 days after your negative test.
- In the field, social distancing will be enacted when possible, and hand washing will happen before all interactions with food.
- Masks are a required part of your gear list and protocol will be discussed before your trip.