The Granite Grind
$750 per person
This 4-day backpacking expedition provides a great sampling of everything the Yosemite High Country has to offer. Remote alpine lakes, sustained altitude, views of Yosemite Valley, peak ascents, and opportunities to really burn some daylight in ways that speak to you. This expedition provides lots of flexibility depending on the goals of the group and is intended for moderate backpackers or seasoned day hikers looking to hone their skills. Learn the difference between the daily grind versus the granite grind.
- Day 1-Meet in Lee Vining at 5pm. Go over our itinerary, packing, and group gear, and have our first meal together. Perhaps do some stretching - wink wink.
- Day 2: Pack up, and drive into Yosemite. Start hiking to a little mountain pocket called Nelson Lake. The day will be spent loving our lives (even the altitude challenges!) and focusing on navigation as we meander past lakes, meadows, and a mountain pass.
- Day 3: Travel off-trail down Echo Canyon and traverse below Clouds Rest. The destination is currently and happily unknown.
- Day 4: Today is a good day. The challenges of outdoor living are second nature to you now. We will be on and off-trail and definitely swimming at one of the beautiful Cathedral Lakes.
- Day 5: Feeling refreshed and perhaps utterly exhausted and definitely jazzed, pack up and hit the trail back to Tuolumne Meadows. Back at the trailhead between 12-2pm. Congratulate yourself for making the most of those daylight hours! Does the itinerary seem vague? That's the point! We want you to be surprised, and to not google every location before you go. Part of disconnecting from technology on this trip begins before you even leave!
Not seeing your expedition?
At Burning Daylight Expeditions, we thoroughly enjoy planning and executing unique experiences for folks. Whether you have your whole trip planned to the very last detail, or have a vague dream of greeting every sunrise for a week - we can create a Custom Expedition for you.