Drink It In: Tuolumne Alpine Lakes
$600 per person
Get your feet wet with some off trail backpacking. Camp next to alpine lakes, navigate over mountain passes, chase a sunset up a 11,000ft peak, this four day backpacking expedition has a little bit of everything, and a great introduction to learning how to burn daylight. This expedition provides lots of flexibility depending on the goals on the group and is intended for beginning to moderate backpackers.
- Day 1: Meet at Tuolumne Meadows Campground at 5pm. Go over our itinerary, packing, and group gear, and have our first meal together. Try to calm excitement in order to sleep!
- Day 2: Pack up, say goodbye to tap water and travel to Nelson Lake - drink it in. The day will be spent loving our lives (even the altitude challenges!) and focusing on navigation as we meander past lakes, meadows, and a mountain pass.
- Day 3:We will travel towards Vogelsang, around Rafferty Peak, with options of staying at Evelyn or Ireland Lake - drink more in.
- Day 4: A possible early morning ascent of Amelia Earhart Peak, before we descend into the Lyell Fork of the Tuolumne.
- Day 5: Hike back to Tuolumne Meadows, refreshed and utterly exhausted. Back at the trailhead between 12-2pm.
Not seeing your expedition?
At Burning Daylight Expeditions, we thoroughly enjoy planning and executing unique experiences for folks. Whether you have your whole trip planned to the very last detail, or have a vague dream of greeting every sunrise for a week - we can create a Custom Expedition for you.