$1,300 per person
This six-day backpacking expedition is for folks who have experience day hiking and would like to make the transition to backpacking for the first time. This expedition is mostly on trail, but don’t let that fool you – mountains don’t bow down to anyone! Experience countless views of the Yosemite high country and limitless lake dips. If the stars align, perhaps a peak attempt up 12590ft Mt Conness caps off your experience.
- Day 1-Meet at near Lee Vining, CA. Campsite TBD. Go over our itinerary, packing, and group gear, and have our first meal together. Perhaps do some stretching - wink wink.
- Day 2: Pack up and drive to Tuolumne Meadows. Leave the cars behind and hike up to the Ten Lakes Basin.
- Day 3-5: Hike and swim your way through the Northern end of Yosemite National Park and thank your lucky stars that this is how you chose to spend your Wednesday and Thursday.
- Day 6: Desire and weather dependent, day hike up to Mt Conness and/or spend the day exploring the area. There is no wrong way to spend a day in the mountains!
- Day 7: Feeling refreshed and perhaps utterly exhausted and definitely jazzed, pack up and hit the trail back to Tuolumne Meadows. Back at the trailhead between 12-2pm. Congratulate yourself for making the most of those daylight hours! Does the itinerary seem vague? That's the point! We want you to be surprised, and to not google every location before you go. Part of disconnecting from technology on this trip begins before you even leave!
Not seeing your expedition?
At Burning Daylight Expeditions, we thoroughly enjoy planning and executing unique experiences for folks. Whether you have your whole trip planned to the very last detail, or have a vague dream of greeting every sunrise for a week - we can create a Custom Expedition for you.