Don’t Be A Smart Pass: Northern Yosemite
$725 per person
Treasure hunting in the Yosemite High Country. Gems include: cascading rivers over polished granite, remote “infinity pool” alpine lakes, white granite peaks with options to get up high and take it all in. This expedition is seventy percent on trail, with thirty percent off the path and on our own adventure.
This itinerary is intended for mid-level backpackers and folks who are seasoned hikers but greener to the whole “everything on your back” deal.
- Day 1. Meet at Tuolumne Meadows store at 9am. After checking gear, and packing food, we will drive to the Murphy Creek trailhead. The day will be spent hiking on glacial polished granite as we hike through the domes of the high country.
- Day 2. Wake early and join the PCT as we enter Cold Canyon. Stop for tea, maybe catch a trout, smell some wildflowers, before our off trail ascent begins up to Upper McCabe lake.
- Day 3. Layover at Upper McCabe Lake. Multiple cups of coffee, baking, fishing, optional ascent of North Peak (stunning views of Yosemite, Mono Lake and the Eastern Sierra).
- Day 4. Up early for our ascent up and over “Don’t be a Smart Pass” to Roosevelt Lake. From there we will continue to Young Lakes below Ragged Peak.
- Day 5. Hike back to Tuolumne Meadows. Back at the trail between 12-2pm. Eat ice cream, revel at the beauty, reluctantly turn on your phone.
Not seeing your expedition?
At Burning Daylight Expeditions, we thoroughly enjoy planning and executing unique experiences for folks. Whether you have your whole trip planned to the very last detail, or have a vague dream of greeting every sunrise for a week - we can create a Custom Expedition for you.